Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tour De Groove : Late Post


Tour De Grove - saw this on Saturday course!


Was my first time doing Tour De Groove a specially having to ride with a 2’s field with the 3’s.  Its kind of annoying how they merged them but it only makes it hard on us 3s witch is also good because its hard racing but its nicer to get the experience under your belt of faster and experienced rides – supposedly…  Any who I just went with whatever fitness I had leading into these races with out tapering or purpose - just road hard all the way up in till Thursday and Friday-Sunday was the three days of racing.   I think ultimately I didn’t want to get into a crash and just wanted to experience the over all races there.  Well thats what happened and from what I gathered from seeing Britton Kusiak in his element of being aggressive and staying at the front, he wasn’t attacking but pulled through at his own speed, from what he said and also what i gathered from other riders I talked to. The front top 15-20 riders where going 3-4mph slower then the people in the middle and rear end of the crit of a 150 starter field...  So if you’re in the middle or in the back end of a crit expect to be burning matches and energy.  Over all seeing Britton ride the way he does makes me happy and also that if you want to be a good rider also at a crit you have to be aggressive, move up to keep a good position and from what I learned from Tulsa Tough you have to be a DICK!   I did end up in a crash on Saturday even though I did my best to avoid it; a lot of people went down and just hopped the curb.  Kyle Sinner had a nasty cut from chainring and fractured rib, Byran from Murcy Kuat broke his frame in half and had some nasty strawberries on the face. I ended up hurting my wrist and a berrie on the butt. The ride down there was fun and Friday night I feel was the by far a fun race.  Sunday was a hard race into the wind so that crit demanded a lot but I didn’t have anything that day.  


Road down with the Kusiak's and this little man Ean in the backseat was awesome.







No comments:

Post a Comment