Monday, June 25, 2012

Tulsa Tough - FUN FUN



T U L S A  T O U G H 
O K L A H O M A 

Driving out to Tulsa, Oklahoma was really great had to drive with Adam Keck and Brian for the first time this season in a car.  We talked a lot and Adam had some really great music playing the entire time.  We got to Tulsa pretty early in the day so we all checked into our hotels and picked up our registration stuff.  Reminds me where is my Tulsa Tough t-shirt!? 
Pro's racing hard

Friday – Blue Dome District
We got really and also had a few times to ride the course we all did, Brian, Spencer, David, and myself where there for Cat III.  We all just wanted to stay away from the crashes and I think this was the first time for all of us but Spencer Martin.  Racing when the sun is setting its pretty cool.   It was very hard to move up in this race and people where doing some dumb shit when it came to corners.  Turning on the inside corner and you tell a rider hey I am here on the inside don’t turn it to hard…. And another rider come in like the inside corner like a bat out of hell and you are saying we have another guy on the inside – meaning we might have to take this slower or we are going to crash…  Other than this the race never left me depleted same words came out of the rest of the crew. 

Saturday – Brady District
This is the course I came into hot into the 2nd last corner just after passing sound pony and took myself out and Brian came with me and we where called the Blood Brothers because we shared blood on the pavement that day.   I did OK in this race I pulled way to hard for a lap and a half, I always made up gowned coming though the start finish on the inside could make up 20-50 spots.  I failed to realize and something I learned from this after Tulsa but especially this day is that even if you’re the one stuck in the wind you don’t have to pour you energy into the pedals by hammering hard that will leave with nothing left.  Ride at your own speed and when someone behind you doesn’t want to pull through ride even slower. Spencer won also! 

Harden The Fuck Up
Sunday – Cry Baby Hill

I really looked forward to Sundays race, I finished 20th and my results got all fu’ked up even the guy took my winnings of 20 bucks!
Any who back to race, I always had the proper gears going up the hill or switched it to the small ring a few times even gave Kenny a small push up the hill a few times.  Spencer road off the front a few laps and I couldn’t figure if that was him and I looked at David to confirm it, so it was so I attacked through the start finish and dint bring anyone along told Spencer they are coming so recover!  Made It up Cry Baby hill it’s a great place to get wet with water and watch people yell at you as you ride, lots of fun a big riot on top of that hill with awesome music!  If you dont have Tulsa as a part of your race scene then you are missing out on a awesome venue  that is well done all around with food to fill your belly, the ladys are beautiful, the to and from your hotels are easy for riding your bike to races and just around the town for anything.  Will be going to Tulsa till the day I die. Dont forget Spencer won this race!  


No comments:

Post a Comment