Monday, March 11, 2013

Facing Facts




I’m facing facts and always doing battles with my mind even though you can reassure your self that everything will work out.  It’s a hard fact that you know you have trained, put-time-in, effort, planning, and in the end it doesn’t boil down to excuses.  Yes, I know I am hard on myself and it’s in my nature to be and I could say the same for a lot others.  Its very difficult in knowing that you can do better in certain weather.  I know and have trained a lot in brutal cold weather then the average Cat 2 & 3 last few years also commuting in the cold for the last 6 years in Kansas City.  I have been racing for 3 years.  I know now that I will definitely show up for cold, brutal hard man weather but other spectrum of race results never add up.  The mental notion of adding cards to your deck and also a great learning curve is the victory that day.  Now that I know my body prefers hot as hell races!  I’m still excited to race and compete in the cold also excited to wake up and ride early and still have a entire day a head of me for Spring-Summer conditions.  For all the people that do very well in cold weather racing I salute you and ill make sure to return the favor soon enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment