Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday Night Crit

its not the sprint, i dont think.. ADAM KECK!


My First Crit for the year.  Had a large 1-2-3 field.  started for the first lap or two as a social ride a lot of chatting even though 2 guys are up the road, one was a tradewind and a red jersey.  They come back after 2 laps and the race gets underway.  A few digs on the backside after the mini hill that comes after the finish.  I found myself at the mid of the pack and notice Kenny is behind me with a gap so I sit up a bit for him to get on and catch on to some other dudes, there was gap forming and you cant do anything about it when going into the 2nd downhill turn thats more then 90degrees.  I bridge after this when we get some stragglers that are ahead.  Kenny and I work our ways to the front of peloton and stay there he goes off the front and no one digs to break away with him, so I ease my way around to the front to sit up and wait for the attack.  James Summers comes 5-8 Schamlz, few mercy guys and other array of riders.  By this time we bring back Kenny and a 4 man group is formed with myself, Schalmz, Mercy, and a unattached rider.  We get a nice breakaway for more than a lap and I see the peloton closing in not far but they are looming in the background as a shadow would.  I think to myself is this worth working and staying away or should i sit up and i go with sitting up.  I hope on the peloton towards the back and work my way up.  Race from here on I stayed at mid front and out of the wind if I got to close to the front, was saving myself for the field sprint, things got faster but we all kept it together with 1-2 in a corners,  last lap i made sure to stay at the front 8-9th wheel maybe less but after the 2nd turn in game was on with a few people picking up the pase, people where looking around for someone to start the pain train, never came.  Summers few other rides start sprinting and I see a Benn Stover opening a gap and I start my jump and catch him when he already had a large gap on us and told him dont sit up he still can make it and I put my headown after the last turn for the finish and from what I was told I had a large gap on the field for the finish.  More like a football field finish.  I got the heart rate up to 186 hopefully i can get it up to 216 again for sprinting when Summer hits.  I'll look for photos & post of this so called field sprint win!

3-4field finishes, "it hurt, the legs..."

No comments:

Post a Comment