Wednesday, May 9, 2012

7hours in the Saddle

Tuesdays Ride of 137 miles...
[Ride found here on Strava]
So I wanted to ride to Lawrence, Kansas & back and do it fairly early in the morning.  I woke up around 6:45 am rolled out of bed and began boiling water.  I made steel cut oats, almonds, honey, chraisins, and vanilla flax seed powder with french press coffee.  I let everything sit in the digestion chamber for 50mins and was on the road around 8:30.  Took the usual Saturday Parisi ride out to Bonner Springs on Kaw Dr and made my way on  Linwood Rd to Lawrence.

Once I hit Lawrence I hit up the coffee shop for a quick fix of cappuccino wasn't in the mood for an expresso straight.  I had already eaten the organe flavored blockshots that cliff bar makes 6 of them 1/2 shots 2/3 ever 45 mins.  Settle for organic pumpin bread also a yummy treat.  filled up the my water bottle and hit the road out.  I kept the pase at 19.1-24mph, was what i settled on the way out to Lawrence and did the same going back to KC.  I would get 21-24 brought my average up too 21mph as my over average when I was exiting Kaw drive I got a flat at mile 80, (2:00-2:30pm), with a sliver/metal spool wire giving me a flat.  First rule when getting a flat you find shade and I found it fairly quickly also began to patch the hole and put a new tube in.  I was praying that I wasn't going to get another flat!

(off subject: Yes, I road on Tuesday but I knew I wouldn't make it to Tuesday Night Worlds (crit) because I had a meeting at 7pm that night or I would have done all this riding and race! + I really wanted to do this ride on Monday but it rained all morning so I got other things DONE!)

I hit up Broadway Caffee filled both water bottles this time with another cappuccino and my all time favor apple cake with walnuts - so freakin good! This time I was eating 2 shot blocks ever 45mins that are cherry flavored making it 2 shots of express this time around.  I made sure I was on top of my ish because I was on the fence of riding to Longview to get another 40-50 miles in.  Lawrence from my house or you can say Union Station is 85 miles! thats 4 hours at best... I also ate a stinger waffle has no protein but I brought a packet of shot rocks and they sure rock with cookie dough! I hit up Longview and I must saw it was enjoyable ride out and back, I went Thai Place in Westport after the ride Tuesdays special of buy one get 1 plates.  I ordered Thai noodle combo with shrimp/chick- spicy HOT, and took the second plate home.  I finished right at 7hours and 1 minute with 137miles.  In all felt good the entire time never felt like I was going to bonk.  Took a shower and took a quick nap before I had to be at a meeting about art work for the up coming show at Spray Booth.

what i took on my ride for food and drink stuff?

  • 2 waffle stingers
  • 1 shot rock pack has lots of protein 
  • 1 cliff bar
  • 2 blockshots, (one had 1/2 shots of expresso the other 1 shot in each block, they come in a page of 6   blocks)
  • Hammer Gel Fizz, was used on the way back from Longview
  • 2 bottles on the bike of 24oz of water
  • 1 bottle of 20oz of Hydro solution 2 scoops of powder - started drinking this when 3 hours hit finished around the Swope Park on the way from Longview.



How do I feel today-Wednesday? Feel fine, right leg is a bit sore or how ever you want to call it when you apply pressure to your thigh... I road my bike to work and home to try out my new Bar Fly! Road again for 1hour to spin the legs out of any acid build up.  Will do another easy spin tomorrow 1.5 hours and get ready for Tour Da Grove in Saint Louis! 2/3 field Friday-Sat-Sunday!  Plan on seeing Laura on Friday to get a message, should be good!

(yes, i know I am not the greatest writer when its on the fly but at least im writing something...)

1 comment:

  1. im jealous. lots of riding and lots of coffee while everyone else is at work.... thats living!

    ReplyDelete